Wednesday 25 January 2012

Walking in Firle

There is nothing quite like a good walk with Joey, our dog. And Firle is a beautiful place to go walking, especially when we do a circular route around the village. This takes you onto the Firle Estate lands and then around to view the Downs and Firle Beacon. Lovely views and very peaceful. A bonus when we saw Peter Owen- Jones in his car.

As we walked we talked about longer walks we might try this year, now that I seem to have so much more energy. One we both would like to do would take you from Firle village and up onto the Downs. As my husband pointed  out there were at least some trees in the area, so if it became hot we could have some respite.

On the poo front (see earlier postings), I'm afraid there are now two more poos on that twitten. I have decided that tomorrow I may remove as many of the dumpings as I can. I just find them plain annoying, but rather than getting annoyed, the answer may well be to be community spirited and clear the twitten. It does go against the grain but I believe that there are certain people in this world who take pleasure in being a pain and going up against them would just cause angst. By the way, when may husband and I walked the streets with Joey yesterday, we passed a house with two rather angry dogs - looked the right size for the poo a short way from them up the twitten, so we know where they live!!

No comments:

Post a Comment