Thursday 26 January 2012

Cuckmere and Computer

Our walk today took us along the Cuckmere, where it meanders towards the sea. Such striking scenery on this  walk, because you are going through a valley, so on each side there are beautiful country views with sheep and cattle. And yet you know that you are only minutes from the sea. It also feels so open, looking up at the sky which was clear and blue this afternoon.

We didn't get quite to the sea today but did a circular route which took us down one side of the river and up the other. Had to be a bit careful as there was quite a breeze. I put the scarf partially over my face to protect my lovely nose, which is healing so well.

Had a bit of a surprise today. My dear husband had already mentioned that we had been amazingly frugal just recently, which meant that we had more than he thought in the bank. He knew that I had said that at the end of the year I would need to think about a new computer as mine was about 8 years old. (I don't really want it going on the blink before buying a new one!). I have now been told to buy one now!! Wonderful, except I keep on thinking, should I wait and what would happen if we had a financial emergency and needed the money - I can sure give myself excuses.

So, it has been decided that I sort out what needs to be sorted on my computer and order a hard drive etc., from our local computer shop, who seems to have the best deal. Exciting and frightening all at the same time!!

A bit tired tonight - I was trying out new things with a birthday card for a member of the choir (actually the organist). I don't think I've got it quite right yet - needs a bit more work, so it won't be handed around to sign tomorrow - not happy with it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment