Tuesday 24 January 2012

Smells 2 and Energy

Just a little bit more on smells. I was rather amazed at the smell outside following rain. It was like a muddy but perfumed smell - quite wonderful. If I sound a bit weird, it because it's been so long since I could smell anything, I think I've gone a bit demob happy over it. I stand over things sniffing like crazy, even porridge smelt wonderful this morning.

My husband and I discussed it this afternoon. I expressed my fears as to how long I would have my sense of smell. He just said "Enjoy it while it's there," and I shall.

Another thing that is nothing short of miraculous, is the amount of energy I now seem to have. The operation was only three weeks ago, yet how I am now bears no resemblance to the tired, old feeling female who used to drag herself through the day.

To look at today:- I've been on the computer and finished a draft of a short story, checked email, sent emails, been on facebook and eBay. I've vacuumed and cleaned up the kitchen  and bathroom floors. I'm in the process of hand crafting five cards (before the operation, I would have been hard pushed to do one!). We took our dog out for a short walk after the rain and I'm doing this blog. Utterly Amazing!! And, like the smell, I shall take every enjoyment of this energy while its there, day by day.


No comments:

Post a Comment