Sunday 22 January 2012

Sunday Service

Had to chuckle on my way down to get the newspaper. I usually walk down a couple of twittens to get to the shop. One of them has recently been rather visual on the dog poo front, mainly, it would appear from one dog judging by the uniformity in size - quite a handful!! Some one has evidently got fed up with this and put a note through each amount of poo. The note reads 'Pick up your dog's shit or have your nose rubbed in it!'

It's the sort of thing you dream of doing but never dare. I have a dog myself, but I'm almost anal (Ha!) in my insistence that it must be picked up. Did make me smile though, and wonder how the person is going to react. I would presume that if they don't care where their dog messes, then they aren't going to worry about a note. We shall see. Watch this space.

Back to Church today after 2 weeks away following my operation. I couldn't  go anywhere there might be risk of colds etc. for two weeks, so Church was out. Nice to be back and into the swing of things. Was a Reader of one of the Bible passages and sang in the choir. There was, as always, a lovely atmosphere. I was glad to be there. Had a surprise, when our vicar gave me a cross. I have recently been commissioned as an assistant at Communion, and this is to be worn when I perform my duties. Really amazed to be given such a thing - I shall treasure it.

Then after lunch, our walk with Joey, our dog. For some reason, she has taken against a walk we've been going on since we moved here. She seems really scared, and then we heard a whistle and that was it. Must do some research on this.

So far, not a bad day and good for a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment