Monday 30 July 2012

Time and Priorities


It’s really amazing how time flies. You think of all you would like to do in a day or what you would like to accomplish in a week and the day just flies away and you end up not doing the things you would like.

Take today, for example. I went out at around 8.30am to do the shopping, go to the bank and to drop a card into a friend. It was 10.30am by the time I got back. By the time I had had a coffee and looked at my emails (and played a couple of game – let’s be honest here!) it was time for lunch. Then, after a cup of tea, it was off for a walk with my husband and our dog. This time we went to Firle and walked around the village and fields. Although windy, it was a lovely walk and beautiful scenery.

We were home by 2.35pm. Had another cup of tea and watched the synchronised diving finals, only to see Tom Daley and Peter Waterfield lose, which was a shame. I did some cross stitching during this TV watching and now I’m back on the computer and you think, ‘where has this day gone?’

I suppose it’s all a question of priorities and knowing what is the most important thing or things in your life. I’m not very good at setting goals, but let’s try for two. I’d like to get more exercise but need to get into it gradually. So, I intend to start doing Tai Chi. I have a DVD and book, so I can start from home.

For my second goal, I would like to get further into writing. I’m not sure which of my writing ideas I want to concentrate on, but let’s just say that for the next 4 weeks I will write for at least 30 minutes a day and see where it gets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment