Monday 23 July 2012

A Beautiful Day


What a beautiful day it has been - Wall to wall sunshine and clear blue skies, but not over hot. Paradoxically, it’s also been the day when Morrison’s car park was full with people going round and round at 10.00am; oh the joys of the school holidays. Fortunately, I managed to park outside the shop and so didn’t join in the fun.

This afternoon husband, dog and I went for a walk through Friston Forest, where the beech canopy of green kept us pleasantly cool. There is nothing quite like a walk through a forest, with the tall tree trunks with the multicoloured bark look more like wallpaper as you look around.

It’s been a while since I wrote on my blog. My apologies. I haven’t been 100%. I started aching in my joints; or rather burning and became quite stiff. When getting out of bed, I resembled a beached whale and at night, when getting up from the settee to go to bed I limped my way to the bathroom before my limbs decided that they would behave themselves.

At first, the doctor decided, following blood tests, that I had polymyalgia rheumatica. Apparently, I had signs of inflammation. He also referred me to a consultant to check that I didn’t have rheumatoid arthritis, as my twin sister is affected with this. When I finally saw the consultant, she advised me that I didn’t have polymyalgia rheumatica or rheumatoid arthritis; but she didn’t rule out fibromyalgia. But first, I have to come off the steroids that I have been on since the first diagnosis because they will mask my symptoms as everybody feels well on steroids. That I’m not disappointed about because I’ve been like a chipmunk on speed since I’ve been on them and it would be a great relief to my husband when I have stopped taking them – he thinks they make me very vile in temperament.

So, I’m currently down to 7.5mg of prednisolone and hopefully, will be off the tablets in 2 weeks. Then we shall see how things are. I still ache in my shoulders, elbows and behind my knees, but it is currently manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment