Wednesday 25 July 2012

A Little Agonising


Another scorcher of a day today. It’s so nice to see the sun – just a shame that it’s a bit of a shock to the system. Even my dear dog seems to have realised that it’s not the sort of weather to go out in after lunch – she can’t be a mad dog, evidently!! She came out with me to get the paper this morning, looking as if she did it every day, which, of course, she doesn’t.

This gave me the opportunity to finish off three cards that I needed to do. It involved some calligraphy and decoupage, which I enjoy. But I had to wrestle with my inner demons which tell me that it is a waste of time, that because I don’t have a job of work, I’m useless. And I tell them that this is my job now and to butt out. I just feel a bit confused at the moment, wanting to write and yet trying to balance my life so that I don’t fall into another patch of illness. I’ve come to the conclusion that I like to feel well.  God and my husband are the only two I need to please.

No comments:

Post a Comment