Tuesday 24 July 2012

Hairy Thoughts


Another lovely hot day, coming as quite a shock to the system when there has been so many cool rainy days as we have had this year. Not that I don’t the rainy weather. I‘ve never seen the garden look as good as it has done this year, so green and lush with the amount of growth that some of the plants have shown.

Today I had my hair cut. It’s a regular 2 monthly thing and I do like my hairdresser. She gets my hair looking just right. But it’s a regular, quiet battle every time as to the length of the hair and fringe. It’s not just her but every hairdresser I’ve had for years. Apparently, if my hair is cut too short, it is going to stick up and I won’t like it; so I must trust them – that they know best. So it becomes a compromise.

I know that there are those that say, ‘well change your hairdresser then or do something different.’ Partly I don’t because if it does go wrong, it does take a time to grow back and partly because I don’t have the courage to do my own thing. Oh what a wimp I am!!

I’ve also been thinking today about how to pursue my writing. One way, of course is to do an entry for my blog, which is why I’m doing this. I have also been reading a very good book called The Writer’s Compass by Dodd. It does point out that the two main things needed are persistence and determination together with organisation. I despair a bit of, because organised I ain’t!! It also points out that it is not helpful to wait until someone answers the quest, ‘will I be good at this?’ If you don’t try, you won’t know.

I think a little more thinking and a bit more doing is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment