Sunday 6 April 2014

New Technology Part 2 - Does it get any easier??

I talked in a recent post about my new smartphone. Well, I'm getting more used to it now, but with one slight problem - I can't answer the damn thing. The instructions tell me to press the black phone icon on the screen and then to flip to the green phone icon which appears. It's very much a case of knowing what you should do in your mind but the hands or rather fingers not getting to grips with it - Scary! I suppose with practice I will improve. It's just that panicky feeling I have when the phone starts to ring and I try almost a finger dance to answer it,usually without success, I might add!

So you would think that I wouldn't have any problems with my new laptop. On that score, you are wrong and for similar reasons. It's the touch-pad. I had used one years ago when I was working and touch-pads were just being installed into equipment. I didn't have any problems with it at the time and didn't anticipate any problems this time.

To start, I found that I was enlarging things when I didn't want to or, because of its sensitivity deleting things or filing them into places I didn't want them to go. Then, at other times, it appears stubbornly immobile and I find that I'm tapping at the borders where it seems less sensitive, or even worse I'm absentmindedly  tapping the space bar.

I am getting used to both pieces of equipment, just wishing it came easier to me.

View from The Eight Bells Jevington
On a happier note, we went to Jevington for a walk last week on a beautiful day filled with sunshine, followed up by a drink at The Eight Bells together with a shared dish of cheesy chips smothered in tomato sauce and a sunbathe. I leave you with the view from the beer garden - it doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment