Saturday 18 May 2013

Achievements and High Drama!

It seems like a time for achievements in my life. After years of not being able to do much on a day to day basis, I'm gradually starting to feel my way. Projects are getting completed and come with a great deal of satisfaction at the work done.

An example of this is a project I was asked to do last year, the construction of a trophy book for a flower arranging club. This not only involved the calligraphy work, but a small amount of book binding as well as a cover completed in cross stitch. As you can see, it has come out well. I gave it to the person who requested it last Sunday, who appeared very pleased by the work.



Then, just when you think that setbacks are a thing of the past, high drama occurs at Brighton Marina. I had gone with a friend to see the latest Star Trek movie. It so happened that it was in 3D. I had never seen a film in 3D before, so was looking forward to the experience.

The film was great; the 3D glasses appeared OK. As the film neared it's conclusion, I thought 'I do feel a bit nauseous,' but put it down to being in a relatively small room with a large screen. As we got up to go out of the cinema, I started to feel very strange - not dizzy but spaced out, very disorientated; so much so that my friend, who is in her 70's, had to hold onto me. At one point I was leaning against the wall outside of the cinema because I felt so strange. Eventually we moved to an area where there were seats and I had a glass of water. After around 30 minutes, when I started to feel better, I drove my friend to her home where she made me lie down for a while, before I drove very carefully home.

Looking on the Internet, I found that people have experienced side effects watching films in 3D. It just never occurred to me that I might be one of them. It was quite a bad experience because, although I thought the film was very good, I'm now not going to be able to think of it without remembering this 'funny turn', which is a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment